Money should never be a reason for not scouting, please talk to the treasurer and/or committee chair and know that arrangements can be made.
1. How much does it cost to join: For NEW scouts (new is defined as joining for the current scout year,) there is a registration fee due upon filling out/turning in the application of $2.75 per month, depending on how many months are left in the year. There is also a one time fee of $33.00. You also have the option to purchase Boys Life Magazine for $1.00/month plus tax.
2. How much are dues: For one scout the cost is $12.00/month, for sibling scouts the cost is $10.00/scout/month. We are a full year pack so even during the summer months dues are owed.
3. How often are dues owed and how can I pay them: Monthly dues are required to be paid by the last Tuesday of each month. The pack accepts payments of: cash, check, credit cards, and PayPal. We currently have a link to pay for single scouts on this Page.
4. Is there any way to earn dues: There are multiple ways to help pay dues, cost of events, etc. This pack participates in Popcorn sales starting in August, and each scout who sells gets a percentage of their sales back into their accounts. In February the pack participates in Camp Card sales. Again a percentage goes back into your scout(s) account.
5. Do I need to purchase/borrow a uniform: Yes, but our pack is a waist up pack; meaning that scouts should have a hat, neckerchief, slide, blue shirt (with these patches: world crest/ring, red numbers 6,8,7, Atlanta Area Council, and their den number,) and a blue belt. If the scout is joining us during their fourth/fifth grade years their uniform is that of a full Boy Scout with the exception of blue shoulder loops. The Boy Scout uniform includes: hat, plaid neckerchief, slide, blue shoulder loops, brown shirt (with these patches: world crest/ring, red numbers 6,8,7, Atlanta Area Council, and their patrol patch,) tri-colored ribbons, belt, olive pants, and olive socks. *EBay, Goodwill, and Facebook Community Sales are a great place to locate uniform parts. Also shop the Atlanta Area Scout Shop for all your scouting needs, located at: 1800 Circle 75 Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30339*
The Shoemakers are the perfect example of how the uniform should be worn
6. What is a Class A and Class B uniform: The Class A uniform is our formal uniform. The uniforms listed in #5 are considered a Class A uniform. A Class B uniform is any other shirt/hoodie/etc. that has the Boy Scouts of America symbol on it. The pack usually sells these shirts through out the year.
7. How often should scouts wear the uniform(s): The Class A uniform should be worn for every meeting, unless den leaders have contacted the CubMaster, Assistant CubMaster, or Committee Chair.
8. Are girls allowed: Yes you heard right! Our pack is welcoming girls to the ranks this year. We will have den(s) just for girls lead by a female leader.